You're going to love the crispy and delicious results of making frozen sweet potato fries in an Air Fryer! Just one simple ingredient and NO additional oil needed! Perfect for serving up with a batch of homemade curry mayo (recipe included), and the perfect easy side dish for a quick weeknight meal.
Please note that some of my blog posts here at Dash for Dinner may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my Disclaimer for more information.
One of my favorite side dishes to get when we go out to eat is sweet potato fries! Oftentimes though, it's an extra $3 on top of the cost of the meal, so I only opt for the swap when we are living high off the hog 😂. I had tried SO many oven baked recipes for both homemade and frozen sweet potato fries, but I just couldn't get that delicious crispy texture that the restaurant version had.
Enter the air fryer.
Um, HELLO! The air fryer transforms basic frozen sweet potatoes into restaurant-quality magical deliciousness. No need to pay an extra $3 for sweet potato fries, when you can buy a bag of frozen for $2 and make an amazing meal at home! This was a game changer for me, and I know it will be for you too!
And since sweet potato fries are ALWAYS served with curry mayo, I included my recipe for that too! But you can use any dipping sauce you prefer (or none at all).
Let's get started!
- Frozen sweet potato fries: All you need are frozen and prepared sweet potato fries! No additional oil needed, since the fries are prepared with oil.
You will need an air fryer, of course! I used a Ninja basket style air fryer, but you can use whatever brand you have. Just keep in mind that the cook times may vary based on the make and model of your air fryer. For the best results, check the air fryer frequently to make sure the frozen sweet potato fries are cooking well.
How to Make Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in an Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 360F according to your manufacturers instructions, or for 3 minutes.
Add your sweet potato fries in an even layer. Be careful not to crowd the basket, and instead work in batches if you need to cook a lot of sweet potato fries.
Place in the air fryer and cook for 15-18 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
If you are cooking a small amount of fries, they will be done sooner. It's important to check on your fries to ensure they don't burn! If you are cooking a large batch of fries, they will need to be shaken a few times throughout the cook time, and you will likely have to cook them for a bit longer too. I recommend working in batches if you need to cook a very large amount of frozen sweet potato fries.
Curry Mayo Recipe
My favorite dipping sauce for frozen sweet potato fries is curry mayo! Since it's not easy to find in store, I always make my own. Here's a quick recipe for homemade curry mayo:
- ½ cup real mayonnaise
- 1 - 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
Whisk the ingredients together until smooth. I like to let mine chill for 30 minutes or so before serving, but that's not a necessary step!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- How to Make Pigs in a Blanket in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas
- How to Make Frozen Pierogies in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes - Platings and Pairings
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet potato fries frozen
- Preheat your air fryer to 360F according to your manufacturers instructions, or for 3 minutes.
- Add your sweet potato fries in an even layer. Be careful not to crowd the basket, and instead work in batches if you need to cook a lot of sweet potato fries.
- Place in the air fryer and cook for 15-18 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Cook until your sweet potato fries are lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve immediately with curry mayo, or the dipping sauce of your choice.