Ramen noodles aren't just for college students! This easy Kylie Jenner Ramen Recipe is made with instant noodles, butter, egg, and garlic powder. It's a simple, yet satisfying lunch or dinner. Ready in less than 10 minutes!
This easy recipe for Kylie Jenner's ramen noodles was one of the first truly viral recipes back in 2016. We now know how much influence social media can have when it comes to trying new recipes (hello, parmesan-crusted potatoes and baked feta pasta), but back then it just wasn't as common!
This easy ramen recipe took the internet by storm, and everyone started recreating it, which was difficult to do since Kylie didn't explain the exact steps or amounts of ingredients.
I've tested the recipe several times, and I'm sharing it with you today so you can recreate this popular (and EASY) ramen recipe without trouble.
Why You'll Love It:
- It's quick and easy to make - You need just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes!
- The addition of butter makes for a creamy, dreamy bowl of ramen.
- You can add your own twist with special ingredients or additional garnishes.
- It's a great way to make regular ramen just a little bit special.
- Ramen: A single packet of instant ramen is used (anywhere from 3-5 ounces in size), as well as the seasoning packet (I like the chicken flavor).
- Egg: This makes a super creamy sauce, and also helps add a bit of protein to the dish.
- Butter: Speaking of creamy, butter melts into the noodles for a silky, yummy addition. You could use anywhere from 1-2 tablespoons, depending on how you like it.
- Garlic powder: For that yummy garlic flavor, without any chopping or crushing required.
These ingredients are completely optional, but add just a touch of color and flavor to the dish. You could even get creative and add your own twist.
- Green onions: A handful of sliced green onions adds the perfect touch of flavor and color to Kylie Jenner's ramen recipe. If you want the onion flavor but don't have green onions, you could opt for a little onion powder instead.
- Red pepper flakes: I like to add a pinch of these at the same time you add the butter and garlic powder. It adds a tiny little hint of heat but can be left out if you prefer.
How to Make Kylie Jenner's Ramen Noodle Recipe
Step one: The first step is to bring 2 ½ cups of water to a boil in a saucepan or medium-sized skillet.
Step two: Add the package of ramen noodles (reserve the seasoning packet) and cover with a lid. Cook for 2 minutes.
Step three: Remove the lid and drain off all but ¼-1/2 cup of the hot water.
Step four: Add in the contents of the seasoning packet and stir to combine.
Step five: Whisk the egg in a small bowl, then add the beaten egg to the saucepan and stir vigorously to incorporate it. You can do this on or off the heat - if you do it on the heat you will need to work quickly to prevent curdling.
Step six: Add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional), and 1-2 tablespoons of butter. Stir well to combine and melt the butter.
Garnishing and Serving
Transfer the pot of ramen noodles and creamy sauce to a bowl and garnish it with sliced green onions, a pinch of sesame seeds, or additional red pepper flakes.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you have any leftovers from this Kylie Jenner ramen recipe, you can keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave, or in a saucepan with a small amount of water added into the pot.
If you want to add your own twist to Kylie's recipe, feel free to add your favorite extra ingredients. Here are a few suggestions:
- Everything bagel seasoning: Sprinkle this on top of the finished ramen recipe for a yummy boost of garlic and sesame.
- Soy sauce (or tamari): Add 1-2 tablespoons of this to the ramen to add some umami flavor.
- With a runny egg: Prepare a soft-boiled (or poached) egg. Slice it gently and place it in the bowl of prepared noodles, yolk side up.
- Add sriracha: If you like a little heat, go ahead and add a drizzle of sriracha on top.
Kylie never specifies which brand of ramen that she uses to make her famous recipe, but Top Ramen is the most popular ramen brand in the US, and chicken is the most popular flavor, so that's a good place to start when making her recipe.
Back in 2016 Kylie shared a snap with her Snapchat fans that included a picture of her ramen, captioned: "I add butter, garlic powder, and an egg to my ramen noodles. What do u add?" Soon, the idea went viral with everyone trying her simple, but pretty delicious ramen recipe at home.
More Easy Meal Ideas
- Inside Out Egg Roll
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage and Peppers
- Mayo Parmesan Chicken
- Homemade Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Sheet Pan Cilantro Lime Salmon
If you loved this easy ramen recipe, let me know by leaving a 5-star review in the recipe card or comment below! You can also tag me on Instagram @dashfordinner.
Kylie Jenner's Ramen Recipe
- Heavy-Bottomed Skillet or saucepan
- 1 package ramen noodles reserve the seasoning packet
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- Bring 2 ½ cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized skillet or saucepan.
- Add the ramen noodles, cover, and cook for 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain off all but ¼-½ cup of the water.
- Add in the reserved seasoning packet and stir well.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl, and add it to the ramen, whisking vigorously to incorporate the egg.
- Add in the garlic powder and butter, and stir until completely combined.
- Stir in a pinch of red pepper flakes if desired, and transfer the ramen to a bowl.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve immediately.
Please note that some of my blog posts here at Dash for Dinner may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my Disclaimer for more information.