This easy recipe for Cheesy Beer Dip is loaded with flavor, yet SO easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients. Serve it cold for a quick and easy appetizer, or heat it up for a creamy, cheesy dip that will have them begging for the recipe!
This cold beer cheese dip recipe is the perfect appetizer for game day! It's packed with cheesy beer flavor, and is perfect for dipping with chips, pretzels, or just eating directly from the bowl!
Why You'll Love It:
- Easy to make. It's a one-bowl recipe and comes together in mere minutes.
- Simple ingredients. This creamy dip is made with just 5 ingredients that can easily be found in any grocery store.
- Hot or cold. I most often make this dip and serve it cold just for the sake of ease, but it's super delicious when made hot!
- Beer and cheese. I mean, what more needs to be said!?
- Beer: You can use whatever kind of beer you like best! Even non-alcoholic beer works well if that's your preference.
- Cream cheese: This should be softened at room temperature so it's easily combined with the other ingredients.
- Pepper jack cheese: This has a touch of spiciness! If you prefer a mild dip, try using Monterey Jack cheese or mozzarella.
- Cheddar cheese: I recommend using a sharp cheddar cheese that you grate fresh from the block, but pre-shredded cheese works fine.
- Ranch dressing mix: This is sold alongside the salad dressings in the grocery store, and comes in 1 ounce packages. If you prefer, you can use homemade ranch seasoning instead.
Check the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and the quantities needed.
How to Make Beer Dip
This is one of our favorite cheesy dips, and I'm sure it will be your new favorite too!
Step one: Add the cream cheese, ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, and beer to a medium bowl.
Step two: Blend the ingredients together using an electric hand mixer, OR with some serious elbow grease.
Chilling and Serving
Step three: For the best results, cover the dip and chill for 30 minutes before serving. Alternatively, you can prepare it using the microwave, stovetop, or slow cooker for a warm dip (see below).
Top Tip: If you want to enhance the cheesy flavor, feel free to add a little bit of dijon mustard or dry mustard powder.
How to Make Hot Beer Dip
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, ranch seasoning, and beer in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in 30-second intervals until heated through, stirring after each interval to help melt the cheese.
- Once hot and melty, serve with pretzels, chips, or fresh veggies.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized saucepan.
- Heat over low heat, stirring often, until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl until smooth.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2-4 hours, or on "high" for 1-2 hours.
- Switch the setting to warm and serve immediately.
What to Serve with Beer Dip
- Corn chips
- Tortilla chips
- Pretzels (twists, pretzel sticks, or homemade soft pretzels)
- Ridged plain potato chips
- Crusty bread
- Toasted baguette slices
- Sliced veggies (like celery sticks and baby carrots)
Transfer any leftover dip to an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve cold, or heat individual portions in the microwave as needed.
Pepper Jack: If you don't have Pepper Jack cheese you could substitute it for Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, or additional cheddar cheese. To add an extra hint of spiciness, you can try adding some red pepper flakes, canned green chilies, or chopped jalapeños.
Ranch seasoning: If you can't find the packets at your local store, you can make homemade ranch seasoning. If you can't find buttermilk powder, use dry milk powder instead or skip it all together. The other seasonings alone will work for this particular recipe.
Beer: You can use your favorite beer, or if you prefer, non-alcoholic beer. I've personally tested it with non-alcoholic and we truly enjoyed it.
Gluten free: Most beer contains barley, so if you want to make this recipe gluten-free, select a beer that is labeled as such.
More Easy Dip Recipes
If you loved this recipe for Beer Dip, let me know by leaving a 5-star review in the recipe card or comment below! You can also tag me on Instagram @dashfordinner.
- Hand mixer optional
- 2 packages cream cheese softened (8 ounces each - 16 oz total)
- ¼ cup beer
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese or Monterey Jack
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Combine. Add the cream cheese, beer, ranch seasoning, pepper Jack cheese, and cheddar cheese to a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix. Blend the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. I recommend using an electric hand mixer for this step, or you can do so by hand.
- Chill. Place the bowl in your refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- OR Heat. If preferred, you can make a hot dip by heating it in the microwave, slow cooker, or on the stovetop (see notes*).
- Garnish. If desired, sprinkle on some additional cheddar cheese, and serve with corn chips, tortilla chips, potato chips, etc.
*Hot Beer Dip
- Microwave method: Combine everything in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until everything is melted and smooth.
- Stovetop method: Combine the ingredients a medium bowl. Transfer to a medium-sized saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring often. Once the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly, you're ready to serve.
- Slow cooker: Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl. Transfer to a greased slow cooker and cook on "low" for 2-4 hours, or on "high" for 1-2 hours.
Please note that some of my blog posts here at Dash for Dinner may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my Disclaimer for more information.