If you've ever wanted to make your favorite coffee house beverage at home, want no further! This easy and simple Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte can be made in the comfort of your own home, for half the price! You won't believe how easy this recipe is; you'll never want to wait in a drive thru line up again! Filled with intense pumpkin spice flavor, this homemade pumpkin spice latte is the perfect way to welcome your favorite season.
About 4 years ago we moved an hour away from the city and my Husband's career. I honestly love the country life and I haven't missed too much. The exception to that rule being Starbucks.
When I worked in the city, I would get a special drink from my favorite coffee shop a few times a week! I even had the special gold card where you can pay directly with your app. Yeah, that's wasn't a good situation for my wallet. 😂
And while these special seasonal drinks were expensive, they were also incredibly delicious. For me, coffee is an experience. It's about calm, peace, and enjoyment of the awesome aroma of a cup of freshly brewed beans. So add in the favorite flavors of the season, or something sweet and yummy (like a White Chocolate Mocha), and I was lining up to give them my cash.
Making it at home
Now that I live so far away, Starbucks is a rare treat. In fact, I just had it for the first time in over two years. And to be honest, it wasn't as good as I remembered. So I decided that I would do it myself, at home, using my Instant Pot, just because.
And the results were wonderful!
Now that I can make this Fall time favorite at home, I don't think I ever need to leave my house again! 😂 Well, except for the occasional trip to Costco 😋
- Milk: It is preferred to use whole milk in this recipe, but you can make substitutions based on what you have on hand and your dietary restrictions! See more on that in the "substitutions" section of this post.
- Pumpkin puree: Make sure you purchase pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The two cannot be used interchangeably.
- Strong coffee: You will need 1 cup of strongly brewed coffee, preferably fresh and hot. I like to brew mine with a finer grind OR add a little extra coffee to the coffee to water ratio. Coffee pods aren't generally strong enough, so I would stick to drip style or French Press coffee.
- Pumpkin pie spice: You will need 1 ½ teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice. If you can't find it or don't have it on hand, don't worry! I've listed an easy substitution in the FAQ and the recipe card.
- Sugar: Depending on the level of sweetness you like, you will need anywhere from 4-8 tablespoons of sugar. The recipe lists 6, but some may like it less sweet. I happen to like mine ultra sweet, and so I stick with 8 tablespoons (for 4 servings).
- Vanilla extract: You will need 2 full tablespoons of vanilla extract. I know that sounds like A LOT, but this is what gives our Pumpkin Spice Latte that lovely authentic flavor.
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte in an Instant Pot
Add the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, and pumpkin spice to the insert of a 6 or 8qt Instant Pot. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and move the valve to "sealing".
Select the yogurt function of the Instant Pot and toggle over until your display reads "boil". *If your Instant Pot doesn't have a yogurt function, see my instructions for you in the notes.
Once the Instant Pot beeps to indicate it is done, release any pressure by switching the valve to "venting". Once the pin drops (it may have already dropped), open the lid.
Whisk the contents of the Instant Pot well, and turn off the warming function. Stir in the vanilla extract, and taste to adjust for sweetness.
Serve immediately, topped with whipped cream and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
Keto: Use 3 cups of almond milk and 1 cup of heavy cream in place of the whole milk (you can also use all almond milk if desired, but it won't be as rich). Replace the sugar for a keto friendly sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar (like Swerve). Serve with homemade whipped cream, either unsweetened or sweetened with a keto friendly sweetener.
Dairy Free: Substitute the whole milk for almond or cashew milk. Top with a non dairy whipped topping or omit completely.
Vegan: Substitute the whole milk for plant-based milk of choice. I recommend cashew, since it is one of the more rich vegan milks. Either omit the whipped topping, or use a vegan non dairy whipped topping if you have one on hand.
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte: Cool your prepared pumpkin spice latte until it is almost room temperature. Pour a portion over a tumbler full of ice. Serve with whipped cream and a straw.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Instant Pot model doesn't have a yogurt setting, you can still make this recipe! Set your Instant Pot to the "sauté" mode and press the button an additional time to move it over to the "more" setting.
Add the milk, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together. Allow the mixture to heat on the sauté function, stirring often to prevent scorching. Once the milk has reached a warm, but not hot temperature (between 150-180F), turn off the sauté function. Add in the vanilla extract and stir. Serve immediately with whipped cream and a pinch of pumpkin spice on top.
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can use the following quantities of spices in place of the pumpkin pie spice called for in the recipe: ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon allspice, and ¼ teaspoon cloves.
Yes absolutely! The halved recipe will make approximately 2 cups or 1 very large, or 2 small servings.
Of course! Just use a large saucepan and heat the milk, pumpkin, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until very warm. Stir in the vanilla extract, taste for sweetness and serve immediately!
More Fall Pumpkin Recipes:
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- Pumpkin Fluff Pie
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree
More Easy Instant Pot Beverages:
I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as we did! If so, I'd love if you could leave a star review in the recipe card or a comment below! Thank you for being here and letting me share my recipes with you.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 4 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 6-8 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice* see notes for substitution
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for serving
- Additional pumpkin spice for serving
- Add the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, and pumpkin spice to the insert of a 6 or 8qt Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and move the valve to "sealing". Select the yogurt function of the Instant Pot and toggle over until your display reads "boil". *If your Instant Pot doesn't have a yogurt function, see my instructions for you in the notes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps to indicate it is done, relieve any pressure by switching the valve to "venting". Once the pin drops (it may have already dropped), open the lid.
- Whisk the contents of the Instant Pot well, and turn off the warming function.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, and taste to adjust for sweetness.
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped cream and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
*Pumpkin Pie Spice Substitute:If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can use the following quantities of spices in place of the pumpkin pie spice called for in the recipe. This will make more than is noted in the recipe, so be sure to measure it out after mixing.
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
Please note that some of my blog posts here at Dash for Dinner may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my Disclaimer for more information.