These vegetarian, low carb, and keto Air Fryer Pepper Nachos are SOOO delicious, and loaded with fresh veggie flavor. Topped with shredded cheese and your favorite nacho toppings, you're going to love this easy and healthy air fryer snack!
Please note that some of my blog posts here at Dash for Dinner may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my Disclaimer for more information.
We have been making good use of our Air Fryer on the weekends! Just a few weekends ago, I cooked up a batch of Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers, and shortly after that we enjoyed these delicious Air Fryer Pepper Nachos! They are made with adorable mini peppers, and topped with all the classic nacho toppings. This made for a delicious game day snack, without all the carbs and heaviness of the traditional plate of nachos!
I happen to think they are even better than classic nachos, as they are basically 100% nacho toppings, which everyone knows is the best part! We topped ours with sliced jalapeno peppers, black olives, chopped tomatoes, green onions, and chopped cilantro, but you can use your favorite nacho toppings and get creative! I think shredded chicken or seasoned taco meat would be a great addition here!
- Mini peppers: These come in little bags at the supermarket. For this recipe you will need approximately 1 pound, which is roughly the size of one typical package.
- Shredded cheese: You can use cheese shredded from the block, but I opted for a shredded Mexican cheese blend. I find nachos are one of the few instances where pre-shredded cheese actually tastes better, but you can make these according to your preferences!
- Sliced jalapeno peppers: We used one gigantic jalapeno pepper, but you can use however many is your preference. I recommend seeding your peppers unless you like things VERY hot!
- PLUS popular nacho toppings like: chopped green onion, black olives, and chopped tomatoes.
Preheat your Air Fryer to 390F according to your manufacturers instructions, or for approximately 3 minutes.
Add the halved and seeded peppers to the crisping tray inside of your air fryer.
Sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
Top with black olives and jalapeno slices.
Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubby and beginning to brown.
Remove from the air fryer and top with green onions, tomatoes, and chopped cilantro!
Serve as is, or offer up optional bowls of sour cream and salsa for dunking. With conventional nachos, I am strictly a sour cream dipper, but these stood on their own deliciously and I didn't need any dip whatsoever!
Note: For smaller air fryers, you may need to work in batches. I did for my smaller Ninja basket style, but oven style air fryers should have plenty of room. Just remove the first portion to a plate and finish up the second portion while eating the first little bit.
Variations and Substitutions
Keto and low carb: Either serve as is, or add some browned and seasoned taco meat for extra protein!
Vegetarian: These nachos are a vegetarian recipe as written! Feel free to add your favorite nacho toppings to amp up the veggie portion.
Weight watchers: To be sure, submit this recipe into your app to see the points calculation. Based off of my estimations and a free online calculator, one serving is approximately 8 plus points or 9 smart points. This is based purely off the nutritional counts, and not accounting for the fact most of the vegetables will be 0 points, so it's best to recalculate to be certain!
Dairy free: Substitute the shredded cheese for a dairy free shredded cheese substitute.
With meat: Before cooking in the air fryer, sprinkle on half of a pound of cooked and seasoned taco meat (beef or turkey). Layer on the cheese, jalapeno, and olives before air frying. Sprinkle on the remaining toppings after they come out of the air fryer.
If you don't have an air fryer (yet 😉), you can still make these yummy Mini Pepper Nachos in the oven! Bake them for 18-22 minutes in an oven that has been preheated to 425F.
If you're looking for an air fryer, these are the two models I recommend:
More Low Carb and Keto Air Fryer Snacks
- 1 pound mini rainbow peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 2 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ can black olives, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced and seeded
- 2-3 green onions, chopped (white parts removed)
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 390F according to your manufacturers instructions, or for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the halved and seeded peppers to the crisping tray inside of your air fryer.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Top with black olives and jalapeno slices.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubby and beginning to brown.
- Remove from the air fryer and top with green onions, tomatoes, and chopped cilantro!
- Serve with salsa and sour cream for dipping, if desired.
Oven instructions: Preheat your oven to 425F and bake your nachos in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes.
For smaller air fryers: work in batches to finish air frying all of your nachos. Even smaller air fryers should only take 2 batches; mine was 1 ½ batches. Oven style air fryers will have enough room for a full batch.
Additional topping suggestions:
- Avocado chunks
- Cooked taco meat
- Shredded chicken
- Red onion
- Lime wedges
Serving Size:¼ of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g
Nutrition information is an estimate only.