The air fryer makes for crispy, delicious, and perfectly cooked pizza every single time! This air fryer frozen mini pizza is SO simple to make, and great for a quick and easy snack or light lunch.
I didn't realize that frozen mini pizzas were a somewhat unique experience to those of us living on the East Coast of Canada, but alas, I have learned that yet another favorite childhood food was not as widely spread as once thought.
Frozen mini pizzas were a quintessential part of the childhood experience, and the taste of one of the cheapy plastic wrapped ones basically tastes like going to your Grandparent's house. It was a quick, easy meal that was kid friendly and simple to make. What's not to love?
Even though they are more difficult to find now, the search is worth it. Especially when you realize how easy they are to make in the air fryer! Just 5-7 minutes and you're ready to relive all those childhood memories!
Where Can I Find Frozen Mini Pizzas?
While it's been more difficult to find these nostalgic favorites, there are still a few places to find them. Here are where I've spotted them:
- Costco - They carry a "deluxe" brand, which were what I used in my recipe testing and photos. They are really delicious!
- Walmart - Their Great Value brand has some mini pizzas. You may also be able to find small pizzas (7-8" in size).
- Grocery stores - Most often the store brand will be the one to have frozen mini pizzas, as branded versions are less common now than they were in the 90's and 00's. Just check the freezer section and see what you can find.
You Will Need:
- Frozen mini pizzas: Make sure to keep your mini pizzas frozen, as they will cook better from frozen and the toppings are more likely to stay in place.
- Air Fryer: I like to use a 5.5 quart basket Ninja Air Fryer for most of my air frying, but you can use whatever air fryer you own and love. If you are using an oven style air fryer, add 1-2 minutes to the total cook time.
How to Make Mini Pizzas in the Air Fryer
To get started, preheat your air fryer to 360ºF for at least 3 minutes or as instructed in your manufacturers guide.
Once the air fryer is preheated, add a frozen mini pizza to the air fryer. Work in batches if your air fryer is small, as the pizzas should not be crowded or touching.
Cook in the air fryer for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on the edges and the cheese is bubbly and the center set.
For Small Pizzas
If you are cooking small pizzas (7-8" in size), you will need to increase the cooking time accordingly. Cook for 6-10 minutes, keeping an eye on the pizza to see when it is cooked through, brown and bubbly.
Air Frying Tips
- Always preheat the air fryer - This makes sure your food is going into a hot surface, giving it the best chance to get crispy.
- Work in batches if necessary - If you have a smaller air fryer, you will want to work in batches. The food should not touch or overlap in order to crisp and cook through properly.
- The air fryer gets "hotter" the longer it has been on, so food cooked in batches may need less time if your air fryer has been cooking food for a while. Just keep a close eye on it!
- A pair of tongs or a small angled spatula is the best way to remove food from an air fryer basket.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can put a small frozen pizza in an air fryer! Make sure the air fryer is preheated, and cook in batches if necessary. It should take 5-7 minutes to cook your mini pizzas at 360ºF, or 6-10 for small pizzas that are 7-8" in size.
If you cook your frozen mini pizza in an air fryer preheated to 360ºF for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is cooked through, the edges are crisp, and the toppings are bubbly.
Frozen pizza is much better in the air fryer because it gets crispy and bubbly, similar to takeout pizza. It can burn easily though, so it's important to check often so you don't accidentally overcook your pizza.
More Frozen Foods in the Air Fryer:
- Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Frozen Chicken Parmesan in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Burgers in the Air Fryer - Easy Healthy Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Mini Pizza
- Frozen mini pizza
- Preheat your air fryer to 360ºF according to your manufacturers instructions, or for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mini pizza (from frozen) to the basket. If you want to cook multiple pizzas you can do that, but you will need to work in batches if your air fryer is not large enough to hold them all without touching or crowding.
- Cook for 4-7 minutes, or until the edges are crisp, all of the cheese has melted, and the toppings are bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the air fryer using tongs or a spatula and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Repeat in batches if you would like to make more frozen mini pizzas.
Please note that some of my blog posts here at Dash for Dinner may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my Disclaimer for more information.