This decadent Nutella and cream cheese pie is absolutely amazing! Such a rich, creamy texture, with all the goodness of Nutella. You're going to love how quick and easy it is to make this no bake dessert superstar! Serve plain, or serve topped with an easy Nutella ganache.
I have a friend in an online Mom's group who totally sings the praises of Nutella Pie all day long. She discovered the recipe during her last pregnancy, and loves to make it to satisfy her intense Nutella cravings. After many many months of wanting to try the famous Nutella Pie, I finally remembered to buy all of the ingredients I needed AND my husband didn't break into the Nutella jar prematurely with his mighty midnight spoon. How providential.
I, of course, had to put my own spin on it (like a homemade graham cracker crust and Nutella ganache on top), but it was amazing! So delicious, so dreamy, and SO addictive. My husband couldn't believe what he was eating. Where had Nutella pie been all of our lives?
The best part is that this No Bake Nutella Pie is SO EASY to make! With just a little prep time, and absolutely NO time in the oven, your Nutella Pie will be tucked away in the refrigerator and ready to serve after some chilling time. For a dessert that tastes like you spent all day making it: not bad my friends, not bad.
- Nutella: You will need a 13oz jar of Nutella to make the filling for this recipe. If you opt for topping your Nutella Pie with the Nutella ganache, you'll need a little more Nutella. I like to buy the biggest jar I can find (for eating with a spoon later obviously) and weighing out the 13oz using a food scale like this one. This gives me the most Nutella for my dollar, which I am alllll about.
- Cream Cheese: You'll want to make sure to use a brick style cream cheese. This is dense and hard, where the tubs of cream cheese are pre-whipped. In order for your no bake desserts to set properly, you'll need to use brick style cream cheese.
- Whipped Topping: I like to use the "Cool Whip" brand, but you can use any frozen whipped topping you like best. Make sure it is thawed before you get started with your recipe.
- Graham Crackers: You will need a full sleeve of graham crackers to make your own graham cracker crust. If you have crumbs available, you can use about 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of crumbs.
- Butter: You will need ½ cup of melted butter. I used salted butter, but you're fine to use unsalted if that's what you have on hand.
- Sugar: Just a touch of sugar added to the graham crackers makes for a "sparkly" and lightly sweetened crust.
How to Make a No Bake Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Add the graham crackers to the base of a food processor.
Sprinkle in the sugar.
Process the graham crackers until they are fine crumbs.
Pour the graham crackers into a medium sized bowl.
Add the butter to the graham cracker crumbs.
Use a silicone spatula to gently combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter.
Continue to mix until the graham crackers are mixed well with the butter and pulling together into a general mass.
Add the graham cracker crumb mixture to the bottom of a glass pie plate.
Use a silicone spatula to pat the mixture into the pie plate.
Use your fingers to press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
Once the crust is packed in nicely, transfer the graham cracker crust to the fridge and allow to chill for a minimum of 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
Add the Nutella and the softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl.
Use a hand mixer to blend the Nutella and cream cheese together until uniform and smooth.
Add the thawed whipped topping (Cool Whip) to the bowl with the Nutella and the cream cheese. Use a silicone spatula to fold in the whipped topping.
Once the whipped topping has been fully folded into the Nutella and cream cheese, transfer it to the chilled graham cracker crust.
Spread the filling into the crust, smoothing it out evenly with your silicone spatula.
Cover the Nutella Pie tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
Adding a Nutella Ganache
If you want to add a little bit of something "extra" to your pie, try topping your pie with this easy and delicious Nutella ganache!
You will need:
- Heavy Cream
Yup! That's it!
Add ¼ cup of your Nutella to a small bowl. Then, add in 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and stir well until smooth. Add additional heavy cream, stirring well in between additions, until the Nutella is smooth and pourable. Drizzle on top of your Nutella Pie after chilling for several hours, OR drizzle on top of each individual serving after completely chilled.
Whipped Cream: If you'd prefer, you can substitute stabilized homemade whipped cream for the Cool Whip used in this recipe. Just make sure it is stabilized, since you want the pie to maintain its texture and storage life in the fridge. Here are several ways you can stabilize your homemade whipped cream.
Prepared Graham Cracker Crust: While homemade graham cracker crusts are the best, you can use a prepared one if you're in a hurry! Most commercial crusts are in shallow pans, so you may need to purchase a deeper dish style OR divide the filling between two prepared crusts.
Lighter Version: Use sugar free or fat free Cool Whip, low fat graham crackers, and light cream cheese in place of the regular versions of these ingredients in the recipe.
Nutella Pie with an Oreo Crumb Crust: Replace the graham crackers in this recipe for 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of crushed Oreo crumbs.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie: Substitute the Nutella for creamy peanut butter. Top with ganache and chopped peanuts.
More Easy No Bake Desserts:
- Chocolate Chip No Bake Cheesecake
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake - Lil' Luna
- No Bake Lemon Blueberry Dessert - Sweet Ordeal
- Chocolate Lasagna - The Kitchen Snob
No Bake Nutella Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 sleeve graham crackers 9 sheets
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
Nutella Pie Filling
- 13 oz jar Nutella
- 8 oz brick style cream cheese softened
- 12 oz container frozen whipped topping like Cool Whip, thawed
Optional Nutella Ganache
- ¼ cup nutella
- 2-4 tbsp. heavy cream
Graham Cracker Crust
- Add the graham crackers and sugar to the base of a food processor.
- Process the graham crackers until crushed finely.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs to a medium sized bowl and pour in the melted butter.
- Use a silicone spatula to combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter together until all of the crumbs are moistened.
- Add the graham mixture to the bottom of a standard pie plate. Evenly spread the graham crackers around, and press them lightly into the edges and bottom of the plate. Smooth over and firmly pat down with your fingers.
- Place the pie plate in the fridge and let chill for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the softened cream cheese and nutella to a large mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the nutella and cream cheese together until uniform, smooth, and fluffy.
- Add the thawed whipped topping to the bowl.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Remove the chilled pie crust from the fridge and add the nutella pie filling into the crust. Gently spread it evenly over the crust.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and return to the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours.
- If you are choosing to make the Nutella ganache for topping the pie, allow the pie to chill for 1-2 hours before preparing.
- To prepare the Nutella ganache, add the Nutella to a small bowl.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and stir well to incorporate. Keep adding heavy cream, little by little and stirring in between additions, until you reach a pourable consistency.
- Immediately drizzle over the Nutella pie, and allow to chill for the remaining time. You may also choose to serve the Nutella ganache drizzle over each individual serving instead. In that case, wait for the pie to finish chilling the full 4 hours.
Please note that some of my blog posts here at Dash for Dinner may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my Disclaimer for more information.